Hi there!

 photo hello.png
I’m Natasha, a late twenty-something, living in the South with my crazy-wonderful New Yorker husband, Anthony, our brood of soon-to-be five and our two dogs. Join us as we share our adventures, get healthy, and manage life with five kids & our two crazy pups! I hope to always leave you inspired when you stop by my little corner of the internet, I'm so glad you're here! :)

Instagram

Pinterest

Translate

Thank You

Thank you, sweet friend, for reading! All text and images are © 2013 by Sweet Tea & Northern Charm. Please link back or credit any content or images that you may use. We thank you so much!

Keep People In Your Life Who Truly Love You.



Keep people in your life who truly love you, motivate you, and make you happy.
If you know people who do none of these things, let them go.
_____________________________________


I've talked previously about letting go of relationships or jobs that don't serve you in a healthy manner. I feel like these last few weeks for me, were really about learning lessons. I had to do a lot of praying this week, specially about the relationships that I had. 

I came to realize that the relationship that I had with these people were not healthy at all, mentally or emotionally. These people were actually pretty toxic for me, specially as I transitioned to healing and walking with God. Instead of building me up, they were tearing me down. They were always trying to find a fault in me. It's like no matter what I said or all the good things that I did, they always found a way to make it unjustified or bad.

Instead of helping me better myself, these individuals were bring me down. Like I've talked about in my pervious post, if any relationship (job included) fills your heart or your being with unwanted emotions or feelings, it is time to step away from the people, situation or job

These people were constantly breaking me down and it escalated to the point where enough was enough. I had to finally say "you know what, I just can't do this anymore. I cannot keep sitting here and allowing you to do this to me." And that's what it was, I was allowing these people to be cruel to me. I was allowing them to break me down and manipulate me in such a horrible way.

By me submitting myself to their further humiliation and not standing up myself, I was actually giving them permission to do what they were doing to me.

They made me feel like I was worthless, I often felt shamed, and wrong when in reality I actually wasn't. I was trying to survive and pick of up all the broken pieces and put them back together. I always felt like I was constantly under attack and that's what toxic people do to us. 

They break us down and make us feel worthless, shame, and fear. They even use scare tactics to try to control us and break us down even more. I was always stressed and worried about what they were going to do or say next.

With people who constantly break us down like that, often we have trouble setting boundaries against their attacks and protecting ourselves.

When we don't know our self-worth, that is when relationships like this become disastrous. 

I quickly had to learn that when someone hurts me, disrespects me or even dishonors me, that person is just not safe. They are not healthy for me and must be pushed away, avoided, or cut off from completely. I really had to pray and ask God to show me what their true actions were. 

When He lifted up the vial, I found out that I was surrounded by emotional vampires. They were constantly draining me emotionally and the worst part: I allowed these individuals into my life. I allowed them to have their way with my heart and I had absolutely no protection against it.

I sat here with all my emotions, thoughts, and worries constantly being upset. I kept wondering what I did or what was wrong that I didn't realize that they were actually the reason why I was so upset. It was their mistreatment of me that actually brought me down.

I've come to realize that this is where knowing your self-worth plays a big part in our lives. Because you will always come across a toxic person and you really have to set boundaries. Better yet, even remove them from your life completely.

You cannot change them and ultimately you need to decided if the heartache is worth it.

In order to grow and live fully you need all of yourself, because life is far too short to be depleted by someone else.








Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© sweetteaandnortherncharm. Design by Fearne.