Hi there!

 photo hello.png
I’m Natasha, a late twenty-something, living in the South with my crazy-wonderful New Yorker husband, Anthony, our brood of soon-to-be five and our two dogs. Join us as we share our adventures, get healthy, and manage life with five kids & our two crazy pups! I hope to always leave you inspired when you stop by my little corner of the internet, I'm so glad you're here! :)

Instagram

Pinterest

Translate

Thank You

Thank you, sweet friend, for reading! All text and images are © 2013 by Sweet Tea & Northern Charm. Please link back or credit any content or images that you may use. We thank you so much!

He's here! He's Here!

Roman is here, Roman is here!

Our sweet little squish is finally here!



Roman Anthony was born on November 30th at 39 weeks via induction at 6:13 PM. He weighs 8 pounds and 9 ounces and is 21.5 inches long. He has a head full of dark wavy hair (I had the WORST heartburn too, which was a first ever since all my other sweet babes were born semi balled) and his eyes are currently blue!

We are just over the moon in love with this little squishy boy! His siblings just adore him too! We were so worried that Ezra would be in distress due to all the sudden changes, however, so far he has been a HUGE help with the baby and loves him. And oh boy, does he ever love HIS baby too!
He's not momas baby or daddies baby, Roman is his baby he says "dat my baybay Romand" often. He also asks (more like demands)to "hold dat baby Romand" often as well. We are still working on it, but Ezra keeps adding a D to the end of Roman. But for being two, he does a damn good
job and pronouncing his name. It could be worse, my poor mother-in-law keeps calling him Raymond...my brother-in-laws name, haha!

I can see it now, "Mom ... what is my name again?"

While everyone is settling in, I'm still having a difficult time. Roman isn't like his brothers and sister, who when they were babies, slept through the night (gosh how I miss those beautiful, sweet nine hours of blissful sleep...sleep, I miss sleep in general). Nope, he is up every two to three hours to feed. I'm not making near enough breast milk to satisfy him so I'm having to rely heavily on supplementing with formula. I will pump for hours only to MAYBE get an ounce from BOTH breasts, so I'm very devastated at this point. However, I haven't given up and he still gets the best of both worlds. He's growing like a weed, gaining a pound each week. His doctor says he's healthy and is happy with his weight gain and size, Roman is a much bigger baby and requires more of everything.

On top of bringing a new baby home, the older kiddos brought home a nasty little cold bug. I have managed to not get sick up until this point. Unfortunately, Roman and I got the worst end of it. The cough alone is awful and I seriously wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy either. What scared
me the most was Roman being sick, I have had to keep a really close eye on him. RSV has been running around like wild fire here too, so I'm constantly in panic mode checking and rechecking his temp. But, so far so good and he hasn't developed anything else besides the awful cough and mucous.

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© sweetteaandnortherncharm. Design by Fearne.